The Environmental Resilience Institute, under the auspices of the Office of the Vice President for Research, invites applications for funding through the Prepared for Environmental Change (PfEC) Grand Challenge Initiative.
Projects must align with PfEC goals, and may involve research, engagement, or implementation, with a preference for a combination, on the IUB or IUPUI campuses. Funding will commence July 1, 2019 for up to three years; pre-submission consultation is encouraged for requests larger than $200,000 over two years.
PfEC Goals: resilient ecosystems, livable communities, healthy Hoosiers
- Improved predictions about climate, water, plants and animals, and disease.
- New ways of communicating, measuring risk, and motivating preparedness for environmental change.
- Conserving wildlife and natural resources and designing greener, more resilient human communities.
- Strategies for investing resiliently in agriculture, industry, infrastructure, and public health.
Full proposals were due January 14, 2019, and are now undergoing several stages of review. Final decisions will be announced in the spring.
Desirable Project Features
- Prospects of securing subsequent external funding.
- Team science and new collaborations.
- Tangible impact.
- Amplifying PfEC funding.
- Building IU’s research capacity.