The adaptation strategies below offer possible ways to address anticipated climate risks with alternative fuels.
Adaptation strategies with alternative fuels
- Install electric charging stations for city fleet operations and around the area. Increase resilience by installing solar power to fuel the electric vehicle charging stations.
- Ensure charging stations have appropriate charging capacity for demand.
- Ensure vehicle-to-grid technologies can respond to time-of-use markets (i.e. varying rates according to the time of day, season, and day type) or other demand response and/or load flexibility strategies.
- Electrify city fleet vehicles through the purchase of new electric vehicles and by phasing out gas and diesel vehicles.
- Electrify school and transit buses.
These strategies are adapted from existing federal and other resources. Please view these strategies in the context provided by the primary source document:
The adaptation strategies provided are intended to inform and assist communities in identifying potential alternatives. They are illustrative and are presented to help communities consider possible ways to address current and future climate threats. Read the full disclaimer.